- Organizations must be Legacy Corps members to be eligible.
- Each Legacy Corps member’s organization is eligible for a dream grant. Dream grants will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Collaborations between Legacy Corps members and organizations are highly encouraged and will be given a higher priority.
- Funds will be allocated for a specific budget associated with the proposal.
- Dream Grant recipients must participate in the implementation of the annual MLK celebration in January.
- Any collaboration will have the Legacy Corps and MLK logo on advertising. If this requirement is not met, the organization may not be eligible for funds the following year.
The Application Process
Your proposal will be evaluated on the quality of your responses and may be supported in full or in part. If your proposal is approved and if you accept funding from the MLK Living Legacy Committee, please understand that you are entering into a partnership that benefits both the committee and your organization.
All student organizations chosen for financial assistance will be expected to participate in the MLK Human Rights Celebration in January by planning and facilitating workshops and/or equivalent programming to help educate the campus community.
Proposals will be considered until all funds are dispersed, can be no more than 1,500 words, and must address the following as clearly as possible:
- How does your proposal support the mission and goals of the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Human Rights Celebration? Please refer to mission and goals at mlk.boisestate.edu.
- How will your proposed activity support the theme for this year’s celebration?
- How will your proposed activity support the ideals of justice, equality and non-violence associated with the life and legacy of Dr. King?
- How will your proposed activity influence the campus environment?
- Describe any support you’ve received from other sources for the event you’re proposing.
- Characterize the type and amount of support you seek from the MLK planning committee.
- Include the budget outline (see below) explaining how you will use the MLK funds you’re requesting. The grand total should equal the total amount of your request.
- Only list items or expenses specific to your request. Remove or add lines as needed.
Expenses (explain purchases) Cost per item Total
Item 1: Continental breakfast for 60 $9.09 $545.40
Grand Total $545.40
Submit proposals to:
Francisco Salinas, MLK Planning Committee Chair
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID 83725-1335
Thank you for your interest in the work of the MLK Living Legacy Committee.