The legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. will inspire students to organize and act on their own vision of social justice.
Through Dr. King’s legacy of positive change, the Martin Luther King Jr. Living Legacy Committee will take an active role in promoting togetherness, love, and activism within our beloved community while encouraging the exploration of self-identity and self-empowerment.
- To unite different communities by promoting a sense of belonging
- To demonstrate a commitment to action
- To demonstrate a commitment to service
- To celebrate achievements in human rights
- To encourage the expression of self-identity and the development of self-empowerment
- To spread awareness about equity and inclusion
- To challenge negative and microagressive behaviors through nonviolent means